Make a healthy delicious tasting, gut healing probiotic beverage loaded with antioxidants and beneficial enzymes now at home.
One pack is all you need. Make Kombucha Batch after Batch. It contains SCOBY and strong mother culture.
- Make sure to wash your hands well and the entire work area with piping hot water to avoid contamination.
- Take 1 Litre water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Add 4 tbsp (60g) sugar and 2 tbsp regular tea to the water. (You could add more tea if you like your Kombucha strong.) Sieve and keep aside.
- Make sure you leave it to bring it to room temperature or till it is completely cooled down.
- Rinse a wide mouth glass jar with hot water. You can also mix a little white vinegar with water and clean the jar. (Optional)
- Fill the jar with the freshly prepared cool tea. Carefully add the Mother SCOBY and the starter tea.
- Cover the jar with a thick cheesecloth or coffee filter, tightly covered with a rubber band.
- Culture in temperatures between 20 – 29 degrees for 7-15 days, depending on how strong you like your Kombucha. Your Kombucha is now ready to drink.
- A new baby SCOBY will form on top of the jar. You can repeat the process with the baby SCOBY and the prepared Kombucha as your starter culture.
Makes – 1-litre Kombucha
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Fermentation time: 7-10 days
- Filtered Water (Chlorine and Fluoride Free)
- Kombucha SCOBY
- 1/4th Cup Starter Tea
- 2 tbsp Regular Black Tea
- Wide Mouth Glass Jar
- 4 Tbsp Sulphur less Sugar
- Rubber Band
- Filter Paper or thick tight weave cloth.
SCOBY stands for 'Symbiotic Culture of bacteria and yeast'. Very simply, it's a group of microbes that consume the sugar in the tea and ferment it to turn sweetened tea into Kombucha.
We send a super easy-to-understand instruction sheet along with your Kombucha SCOBY. We're also available to handhold you through the process.
A great SCOBY, ideally, is at least a month old. You want to get a SCOBY that is free from pathogenic microbes. Wild fermentation results from the surrounding air coming in contact with and reacting with the ferment. Especially in a country like India with questionable and undesirable air quality, lab testing and trained microbiologists are essential to ensure they don't contain pathogens.
Apart from that, organic ingredients, sanitised space for SCOBY cultivation, experience and technical knowledge all contribute to quality!
1) Founded by a team of elite nutritionists and microbiologists. Our trained team with an unparalled gives us an edge over any other amatuer brewer.
2) India's first Cultures Company - We possibly have the most experience in the country preparing various cultures and not just Kombucha SCOBY.
3) Microbiologically tested: Every batch undergoes rigourous testing. You can be rest assured that your SCOBY has no pathogens or unwanted surprises
4) Sanitised and State of the art Fermentation Space - We pride ourselves with a space that is ideal for fermentation. Temperature, humidity, air quality and microbial quality controlled.
5) Excellent Customer Care - We're always here to help. Please reach out to us and we'll be more than happy to assist you.
6) Replacement Policy - We guarantee that are cultures outperform the others. However, we know how the heart breaks when a ferment goes wrong. We treat our SCOBYs like pets and we send you one of them just incase something goes wrong.
Yes! Your first batch would be a 1-litre batch. You can start making larger batches after that. We have thorough instructions on making larger batches.
Yes. With love and care your Kombucha SCOBY can last generations.