Now you can make your own Greek Yogurt at home with the milk of your choice and without tons of added sugar and preservatives. Thick, Creamy, Buttery and Yummy.
Heirloom Variety: Make Batch after batch. Contains two packets of starter culture.
- Take a clean glass or stainless steel jar and wash it thoroughly with hot boiling water. Leave it to cool.
- Add 500 ml of Organic Full Fat Milk and heat it to make it lukewarm. The ideal temperature is 37- 42 Degrees Celsius.
- The packet provided to you contains enough starter to culture 500ml milk.
- Empty the contents of the Packet to the milk gently and stir well. Cover the jar with a lid.
- Culture in temperatures between 37 – 42 degrees for 6 hours.
- Check the container, moving it gently to see if the yogurt is set.
(An easy way to check is to see if the Milk moves away from the jar instead of sticking to it.)
- Keep checking every 2-4 hrs until the yogurt sets. (In warmer temperatures, it would set between 6-12 hrs and 12-18 hrs in colder temperatures.)
- Once your yogurt sets, refrigerate for at least 6 hrs.
- Your yogurt is now ready to consume.
- Keep a tablespoon aside to inoculate the next batch.
- One tbsp of yogurt is ideal for 500ml of milk. You can now start making bigger batches of Yogurt.
- 1 Packet-Greek Yogurt Starter Culture
- Pasteurized Whole Milk (Do not use Tetra Pack UHT milk)
- Glass or Stainless Steel Jar
- Wooden Spoon