Ingredients You Need
- Packet-Greek Yogurt Starter Culture
- Thermometer (optional)
- Pasteurised Whole Milk (Do not use Tetra Pack UHT milk)
- Wooden/Stainless Steel Spoon
- Glass/Stainless-Steel Jar
- Take a clean glass or stainless-steel jar and wash it thoroughly with hot boiling water. Leave it to cool.
- Add 500ml of Organic (is optional) Full Fat Milk and heat it to make it lukewarm. The ideal temperature is 37- 420C.
- The packet provided to you contains enough starter to culture 500ml milk.
- Empty the contents of the Packet to the milk gently and stir well. Cover the jar with a lid.
- Culture in temperatures between 37- 420C for 6-24 hrs.
- Check the container, moving it gently to see if the yogurt is set.(An easy way to check is to see if the Milk moves away from the jar instead of sticking to it.)
- Keep checking every 2-4 hrs until the yogurt sets.
(In warmer temperatures, it would set between 6-12 hrs and 12-18 hrs in cooler temperatures.)
- Once your yogurt is set, refrigerate for at least 6 hrs.
- Your yogurt is now READY to consume.
- Keep a tbsp aside to inoculate the next batch.
- One tbsp of yogurt is ideal to reculture 500 ml of milk. You can now start making bigger batches of Yogurt.